Saturday 16 July 2011

The days are flying by...

I have been extemely busy the past few days... and I havent been able to get on the internet..go figure.  I also didnt realize that I didnt need a converter to charge my laptop ( Thanks Icaro, I can always count on you ) 
  Anyways, on thursday I was told that I HAD to go to the portuguese bridge, that it was beautiful and we had to see it.  Hannah and I get up at 7am and eat our oats ( like runny l made with milk )  then off we go with another family for a 2.5hr drive to see this bridge.  Did I mention that it is POURING rain?  So we get to the bridge and its sooooo foggy as we are at extremely high altitude.  Its slowed down now, just drizzling not pouring and we get out and I follow the driver down the hill.  I'm watching my feet as it is really slippery and we are walking on a pathway down a mountain side made from flat slippery rocks.  I happen to glace over to my right and almost had a heartattack..... there is nothing but a cliff beside me maybe 2 feet away and it just drops.. at least 500 feet into nothingness.  Well thats what it looked like.  We proceed further down until we meet up with the same number of guides as there are people... funny how that worked out.  I can see the bridge at this time and it is beautiful.  It is made of rocks and has a waterfall.  I think to myself, "that wasnt so bad"  but oh no we are not done yet.  My young guide named Salimon grabs my hand and leads me down a scary slippery, no where to go but down path.  Hannah and I are both TERRIFIED of heights.  Nevertheless we make it down, snap some photos and return to the top safe and sound.  We both tip our guides well as "they didn't let us die" as Hannah says.

No comments:

Post a Comment